C. Cindy Fan
Ph.D., Ohio State University, 1985-1989
M.Phil., Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1982-1984
B.A., University of Hong Kong, 1978-1981
Areas of Interest
Population, migration, regional development and policy, inequality, gender, ethnicity in North America, post-Mao China.
- Fan, C. Cindy (2011) "Settlement Intention and Split Households: Findings from a Migrant Survey in Beijing, China," The China Review, 11(2), 11-42.
- Fan, C. Cindy, Mingjie Sun, and Siqi Zheng (2011) "Migration and Split Households: A Comparison of Sole, Couple, and Family Migrants in Beijing, China," Environment and Planning A, 43(9), 2164-2185.
- Sun, Mingjie and C. Cindy Fan (2011) “China’s Permanent and Temporary Migrants: Differentials and Changes, 1990-2000,” The Professional Geographer, 63(1), 92-112.
- Howell, Anthony and C. Cindy Fan (2011) "Migration and Inequality in Xinjiang: A Survey of Han and Uyghur Migrants in Urumqi," Eurasian Geography and Economics, 52(1), 119-139.
- Zheng, Siqi, Fenjie Long, C. Cindy Fan and Yizhen Gu (2009) “Urban Villages in China: A 2008 Survey of Migrant Settlements in Beijing,” Eurasian Geography and Economics, 50(4), 425-446.
- Fan, C. Cindy (2009) “Flexible Work, Flexible Household: Labor Migration and Rural Families in China,” Work and Organizations in China after Thirty Years of Transition, edited by Lisa A. Keister, pp. 381-412 (Chapter 13). Emerald Press.
- Fan, C. Cindy (2008) China on the Move: Migration, the State, and the Household, London and New York, NY: Routledge.
- Fan, C. Cindy and Wenfei Winnie Wang (2008) “The Household as Security: Strategies of Rural-Urban Migrants in China,” in Migration and Social Protection in China, edited by Russell Smyth and Ingrid Nielsen, pp. 205-243 (Chapter 11). New Jersey, NY: World Scientific.
- Sun, Mingjie and C. Cindy Fan (2008) “Regional Inequality in the Pan-Pearl River Delta Region,” in The Pan-Pearl River Delta: An Emerging Regional Economy in Globalizing China, edited by Y.M. Yeung and Jianfa Shen, pp. 241-269 (Chapter 9), Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press.
- Fan, C. Cindy and Mingjie Sun (2008) “Regional Inequality in China, 1978-2006,” Eurasian Geography and Economics, 48(1), 1-20.
- Fan, C. Cindy (2008) “Migration, Hukou, and the Chinese City,” in China Urbanizes: Consequences, Strategies, and Policies, edited by Shahid Yusuf and Anthony Saich, pp. 65-90. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank.
- Fan, C. Cindy and Joanna Regulska (2008) “Gender and the Labor Market in China and Poland,” in Urban China in Transition, edited by John Logan, pp. 89-111 (Chapter 4), Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Fan, C. Cindy (2006) “China’s Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2006-2010): From ‘Getting Rich First’ to ‘Common Prosperity’,” Eurasian Geography and Economics, 47(6), 708-723.
- Wang, Wenfei Winnie and C. Cindy Fan (2006) “Success or Failure: Selectivity and Reasons of Return Migration in Sichuan and Anhui, China,” Environment and Planning A, 38(5), 939-958.