News: Urgent Need - Spring 2017 TA for Psych 100B - Deadline: March 20, 2017
The Psychology department is seeking one 50% TA for Psychology 100B (Research Methods in Psychology)
Spring 2017 (Employment dates: 4/1 to 6/30).
Psych 100B. Research Methods in Psychology (6 units)
Lecture, two hours; laboratory, four hours. Enforced requisites: courses 10 and 100A, with grades of C or better. Introduction to research methods and critical analysis in psychology. Lecture and laboratory topics include experimental and nonexperimental research methods, statistical design and analysis as applied to a broad range of basic and applied research issues. P/NP or letter grading.
Enforced Eligibility Requirements:
1. Must have at least one quarter of TA experience
2. Must have coursework or other experience with basic quantitative data analysis methods (e.g., t-tests and ANOVAs).
3. Must have experience with reading empirical research articles and knowledge of the priority topics.
- Priority topics includes:
- IVs, DVs, operational definitions
- Counterbalancing (as a concept)
- Confounding variables
- Factorial designs
4. Preferred, but not required: Have relevant coursework in experimental research methods.
5. Applicants must be a UCLA graduate student, registered and enrolled in a minimum of 12 units, and in good academic standing with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
6. The total of all campus employment appointments may not exceed 50% time
7. Must have passed the Test of Oral Proficiency (TOP) exam requirement prior to appointment.
Department Contact: Lisa Lee, email@example.com, (310) 825-4117
Interested students who would like to apply for this position should send a CV and include a short statement outlining their qualifications for this particular assignment to Lisa Lee by Monday, March 20, 2017.